Season 62 preview

Suggestions and discussions about the game, bugs...
Inform administration about suggestions and bugs in Global forum!
TheCoach
6th player
Team: NW Shockwave
Type: Federation president
League: United States.1.1
Int. league: World League.1.1

Season 62 preview

Post by TheCoach » 2017-12-20 15:29

Shockwave season 62 preparation is close to done with a few items left that still need to be taken care of. How we will do next season will be a mystery. Season 61 was very successful early on as I believe had I kept the team together I could have made the WL 1.1 playoffs. Instead since most of the players were aging, I decided to save money and focus on a reorganization of the team that will sustain the team until the 15-21 year olds are ready. On a side note, many US 1.1 managers will be glad to hear that this season will be the last for Marek "the machine gun" Marek as his best days are now behind him. He will go down with Shawn Amberden as the top 2 Shockwave post players of all-time.

Starting lineup

PG Kurmis 340 rated - dependable backcourt partner of Englisch for many seasons. He is starting his downturn but should hold on to his spot for awhile longer. expectations is 10 points and 4 assists (this season close to 13 points and 5 assists).

SG Englisch 345 - Still has enough in the tank to continue terrorizing US 1.1 for a couple more seasons. Englisch is the best Shockwave player ever and his all-time top few in many statistical categories. I expect his scoring to be close to what has become his usual 17 points per game.

SF Moryet 325 - Moryet is new to the Shockwave and should provide the offense with an adequate sniper. It will be tough to guess his scoring/offensive impact but I will guess around 14 points per game and providing some outstanding defense as well.

PF Shilton 305 - Shilton was a nice surprise though he is a weakness scoring 8 points and just three rebounds this season. I expect those numbers to unfortunately drop this season to possibly 5 points and three rebounds.

C At this time is is the 260 rated Nang, this is an area that I am hopeful of adding a piece to help our chances of staying one more season in WL 1.1

Bench

PG Rosa 265 after averaging 21 points per game and 4 assists, Rosa will make the big leap from WL 5 to WL 1. Usually players expect a big decline in production with that kind of jump along with the fact that he will not have the same role next season.

SF Okur 265 Okur's season was unspectacular playing WL3 and WL1 schedule though he had the occasional high lights.

SF Kreiva 285 Kreiva was a big free agent signing that I have extremely high hopes for. He has some holes in his game for sure but he is very solid in other areas where we hope to use him. Once Englisch heads down the road to retirement, Kreiva will likely be the featured player.

SF McDaniel 300 rated - Defensive stopper, likely trade chip.
Notables

Ncube - The 24 year old Ncube had a disappointing year statistically in WL3 this season after putting up impressive statistics back to back seasons prior. He will start the season rated at 250, but lacking the skills to play PG at the higher levels. 3 points and 3 assists per game this season is not getting it done.

Kemp - Shockwave management continue to drool over the development of Kemp who surprised many this season by having a very successful WL 2 seasons at the young age of 24. He averaged 13 points and 6 rebounds and is one season away from being a major contributor for the Shockwave main team. He will start the season rated at around 265.
Last edited by TheCoach on 2017-12-23 05:55, edited 3 times in total.

Mig26x
Beginner
Team: Miami Devils
Type: GOLD PREMIUM package
Int. league: World League.3.4

Re: Season 62 preview

Post by Mig26x » 2017-12-22 00:30

very simple for the Devils:
will keep same exact team, maybe sign 2 big guys or obtain through lending process and play out the season for RT to go up. young team therefore hoping for 4-5 guys to go above RT 200. Hoping to move on to USA 1.1 and WL 4

Valerie
Beginner
Team: Elko Eagles
Type: Team owner

Post by Valerie » 2017-12-26 00:34

My team will be the same next season except that C Delabere will join young Dannett on the bench, PF White will return to his natural position (C), and Traslago will start at PF.

Edit: The best laid plans ...

I traded Traslago (Es) for an American, Catesby, who will split time with Dannett. I also cut Delabere (who appears to be falling apart at health 65%) and promoted Deering (C) from the YT.

TheWizardKs
Promising
Team: Nothing But Net
Type: PREMIUM package

Post by TheWizardKs » 2018-1-4 01:26

We're going to try to remain status quo but we've some weak links. So may end up borrowing a player. Otherwise we're doing well in WL3 and have a mostly young team that will only get better.

Acers
Promising
Team: Snow Lions
Type: PREMIUM package
Int. league: World League.2.2

Post by Acers » 2018-1-5 01:14

Going to be a tough season, I like my SG pick-up that I overpaid for: http://www.bballzone.net/en/Zaidejas-ap ... %C4%87.htm

Probably drop Serche at some point in time this season.

Hopefully train Cipruss up enough so that he can start at PG and move Kelly to bench. Sucks that he is short :(

Valerie
Beginner
Team: Elko Eagles
Type: Team owner

Post by Valerie » 2018-1-6 02:17

So far, my YT is playing better than my senior team. My starting guards have disappointed, so now I'm looking to trade Girzadas (SG/PG) for someone a little younger and cheaper.

(Many of my other players are up for trade too, incl. Wreke, Cuijck, and Mineiro.)

Return to “The Game”