http://www.bballzone.net/

Discussion with Chinese community

对于游戏的建议和讨论,错误汇报...
通过全球论坛向管理员提交建议和错误!

Discussion with Chinese community

Postby a-ramune » 2017-9-2 15:05

We would like to invite Chinese community to discuss federations’ update.
Chinese community is the second biggest community in the game. We are very happy to have you here!

Together with the growing number of Chinese teams there was also one problem growing in the game. A lot of users from other countries complained about difficulties distinguishing different teams and players named using Chinese hieroglyphs. We got a lot of requests to forbid using hieroglyphs for names.
However we understand willingness to use native alphabet for teams and players. Therefore we wanted to solve this problem and still allow Chinese members to use their alphabet. This was our biggest challenge of the last update - including the system of local and international names.

We hoped that China and other bigger countries will create their federations and help to control such matters related with their countries.

However, Chinese community is not participating in this. As people from other countries can`t validate Chinese teams’ and players’ names, this becomes a problem. And we need to find a solution for this.

Could Chinese members tell us the reasons why China’s federation is not created in the game?
a-ramune
Admin

Team: Cibuliai
League: Lietuva.3.2
Int. league: World League.4.8

Re: Discussion with Chinese community

Postby shadowc84 » 2017-9-2 16:01

There has been a Chinese federation.
But one person misleading others closed it.
shadowc84
Beginner

Team: Shadow\'sTeam
Type: PREMIUM package
League: Zhongguo.1.1
Int. league: World League.1.1

Postby frankyang » 2017-9-2 16:03

Firstly,your letter include so many HTML symbol…… Nobody read the letter clearly.

And most of Chinese play this game in Chinese setting because of poor English.
Here is terrible Chinese translation in BBZ.

We don't know what is federation. Why and how to use it.
I just read the "Help" after your letter. em..... it's English.
frankyang
Beginner

Team: ChaoYang Park
Type: PERSONNEL'S PREMIUM package
League: Zhongguo.3.4
Int. league: World League.3.1

Postby frankyang » 2017-9-2 16:12

PS:

Somebody don't care the federations after they know what is it.

Because it looks no use of my team, roster, matches, league etc. (many people think so…
and if someone want to be the president of federation. maybe others dislike it.

So, I think you need Language-admit/volunteer, not president of federation.....( from a ex-LA of BuzzerBeater
frankyang
Beginner

Postby fuji2017 » 2017-9-2 18:52

You have made many mistakes in translation
fuji2017
Beginner

Team: 荣耀君莫笑
League: Zhongguo.6.1
Int. league: World League.7.41

Postby a-ramune » 2017-9-2 22:33

In near future we plan to include motivating federation's volunteers with credits. Volunteers of all areas (supervising team names, players' names, press conferences...) will get credits for contributing to welfare of community. We hope that it will also help to maintain order in these important areas.

We had a team of 2 Chinese language translaters. Probably they didn't have time to keep Chinese translations up to date. Today one more member joined the team of Chinese language moderators. If someone would have time and would like to help with translations, please contact me about joining the team of Chinese language moderators. It would be great to have Chinese version up to date and understandable to all members.
a-ramune
Admin

Postby frankyang » 2017-9-3 04:01

I don't think volunteers can fix the translation problem.
What a terrible translation fuction!
I try many times and quit every time.
No quote, no context. only some words or short sentence. :oops:

a-ramune wrote:In near future we plan to include motivating federation's volunteers with credits. Volunteers of all areas (supervising team names, players' names, press conferences...) will get credits for contributing to welfare of community. We hope that it will also help to maintain order in these important areas.

We had a team of 2 Chinese language translaters. Probably they didn't have time to keep Chinese translations up to date. Today one more member joined the team of Chinese language moderators. If someone would have time and would like to help with translations, please contact me about joining the team of Chinese language moderators. It would be great to have Chinese version up to date and understandable to all members.
frankyang
Beginner

Postby frankyang » 2017-9-3 04:08

To be surprised, Real GM want a part-time GM in China to ban/explain the unsuitable name( team, player, etc.
haha. It shouldn't be the most important thing.

……
I mean you need volunteers to take translation, not management. ( with a good translation funtion
A good language volunteer can tell you the reason that Chinese use hieroglyphs and famous players' name.
In fact, I prefer alphabet rather than the name modified. But I need the right to name him Arvydas Sabonis.
frankyang
Beginner

Postby a-ramune » 2017-9-3 21:59

I agree that having good translation is important and I see that there are problems with current Chinese translations. I hope that it could be improved in near future.
Have you tried translating as language moderator or simply in Translations' menu item? Language moderators have more options, for example, to search for needed text (if some adjustments are required).

As for players' names, players in game can have names that are normally used in the country. Noone knows rules and traditions in all countries. That's why only the community of the country can evaluate if name is OK or not.
In your mentioned example, the question is - would you give a name 'Arvydas Sabonis' to your son? I guess not. But only Chinese community members really know it.
a-ramune
Admin

Postby frankyang » 2017-9-6 06:50

……

1、The translation menu is rubbish.(so sorry) No Chinese can use it well. I had said the reason.
2、Yep,If someone love a player in real world, he will give the name to his player built in BBZ. why not ? In China,we can give these names to children. "Kobe" "Jordan" etc. Both English name and Chinese name. Especially English is not Mother language, so we can make any English name in ourselves. If Chinese name, 科比=kobe,乔丹=Jordan. it's legal totally. We cannot comprehend your opinion. In fact I knew several Jordan in China.

If you said Lithuania cannot use the name Jordan......Most of Chinese will be surprised.
frankyang
Beginner

Return to 关于游戏