http://www.bballzone.net/

Fair play team (trades’ volunteers)

Suggestions for improving the game (except Match engine)

Re: The new trades’ system

Postby TheCoach » 2018-3-22 03:08

I just wanted to respond to the volunteers item. Reading what you have written I think the "Volunteers" if at all possible should probably be completely anonymous not only to the community but to each other. Maybe I am wrong but I believe that that would reduce a lot of possible problems.
TheCoach
6th player

Team: NW Shockwave
League: United States.1.1
Int. league: World League.1.1

Re: The new trades’ system

Postby joancrumor » 2018-3-22 07:30

TheCoach wrote:I just wanted to respond to the volunteers item. Reading what you have written I think the "Volunteers" if at all possible should probably be completely anonymous not only to the community but to each other. Maybe I am wrong but I believe that that would reduce a lot of possible problems.

I think it's not a good idea, if the volunteers are serious with their work there will be no problems
joancrumor
Bench warmer

Team: CRUMOR CF
Type: PREMIUM package
League: España.1.1
Int. league: World League.3.3

Re: Fair play team (trades’ volunteers)

Postby a-darius » 2018-3-26 22:48

We should plan everything that is related with this volunteers’ group. Probably not everything will be implemented in the first version. But it is better to have the whole picture from the beginning.

My vision of how this can work.
1. Each federation has some number of “spots” for the “fair play team”. Maybe we can start with ~20 total volunteers in whole game. After one season we can consider if this number is OK.
2. Volunteers must be able to communicate in English.
3. Volunteers will be able to discuss trades secretly from other users.
4. Volunteers will have separate “page” where they will be able to see other volunteers’ messages and opened issues.
5. Fair team volunteers will solve few problems:
Undo bad trades
Make recommendations to admins to punish some teams
Analyse situations: game lost on purpose
Analyse situations: damaging players in limited market
6. Volunteers may ask teams that participated in trade to explain it.

- Should volunteers explain their decisions to the community? (when question appear)
- Should volunteers see how other volunteers voted?
- What volunteers should be able to do:
Undo trades
Give user a “notice” about not fair behaviour
Second time - give user a penalty by “decreasing” its popularity/Image
--- I'm pro fair game and tidy forum!---
(Aš už sąžiningą žaidimą. Bei švarų ir tvarkingą forumą !)
a-darius
Admin

Team: Ant bajerio
League: Lietuva.2.2
Int. league: World League.2.2

Postby a-darius » 2018-3-26 22:48

TheCoach:
Full anonymity is good for volunteers but it will prevent other users from trusting this system. Also full publicity will probably not work, too. I think we need to find the best variant somewhere in the middle of these..
a-darius
Admin

Postby TheCoach » 2018-3-26 23:20

Sounds good, except 20 is far too large in my opinion. Is it possible instead of an "undo" that the trade doesn't go through until approved by the committee?
TheCoach
6th player

Postby cagezheng » 2018-3-27 08:33

How to elect the 20 volunteers? Does the allocation of the number be determined by the percentage of country's active number? For example, Lithuania might have 10 and China might have 4 and other countries might have 1? I think it is hard to choose volunteers that satisfy most of mangers.
cagezheng
Beginner

Team: 暨 南 大 学
Type: PREMIUM package
League: Zhongguo.1.1

Postby superdzonis » 2018-3-27 10:55

a-darius wrote:- Should volunteers explain their decisions to the community? (when question appear)
- Should volunteers see how other volunteers voted?

1. I think as clubs will have to write reasons for accepting a trade, each volunteer would necessarily have to write his reasons for 'disagreeing/undoing' a trade. This could help reduce subjective reasoning and increase impartiality.
2. Vote of each volunteer must be public after committee has made its decision.
3. None, even volunteers should not be able to see other committee members vote as the voting is in progress (3-5 days after trade).

And also, I would encourage to impose some kind of a threshold for votes, say if there are 20ppl in the committee, the trade would be approved once it gets to 10 'yes' votes, not until everyone votes as some clubs could aim to postpone trades if they strengthen their competitors.

Also, I am not sure if it is possible, but I thought about imposing an anonymous trade showing for the volunteers. So that they could see age/pot/contracts/outside skills and career stats without showing teams. Wouldn't show names, teams trading, countries (!!!) etc. I think it could be the way of enforcing impartial judgement.
superdzonis
Beginner

Team: Cereal Killers
League: Lietuva.1.1

Postby TheCoach » 2018-3-27 18:51

The more I read, the more I question this process.
TheCoach
6th player

Postby a-darius » 2018-3-28 15:26

that the trade doesn't go through until approved by the committee?

I don`t thinks that the community should approve ALL trades. It will be too much work for them.
And when you have so many trades to approve, the quality will be bad.
So basically trades are approved from the beginning. The whole community can make “complains” about trades. And then these trades will be examined by “fair team” volunteers.

I honestly do not know how many volunteers we need. But we can`t have very small amount as there will be situations when few of them will be on holidays, few of them will be busy and there will be hardly any volunteers left to make decision.

I thinks it is not very important how many volunteers we will have in the “beginning”, as we will be able to change this in the future.
We can start by giving spots for federations based on community size and then review the spots every few seasons. In the future it will be based not on community size but on quality of volunteers.
For example: if we see that some community’s volunteers are defending cheaters in their own countries, the amount of volunteers from that community can be reduced.

Superdzonis:
Problem with public voting is that it might lead to bad things:
- if volunteer votes against a cheater from his own country, he might get pressure from country’s community.
- someone can try to revenge by increasing salaries in limited market or report all his trades...
I am more pro secret voting and just to show the results (how many voted).
In order to maintain quality we can create some sort of “statistics info to see how many times volunteer voted “correctly” (the same as other volunteers).
a-darius
Admin

Postby TheCoach » 2018-3-28 21:25

I like to hear this!!!! This sounds a lot better. I don't think the committee should be a majority of one or two countries however.
TheCoach
6th player

Return to Suggestions / News