Clarifying tactics. “Why team tactics do not work as expected?”
Already for quite a long time we do not answer to individual questions related with tactics.
However, we’ll try to analyze and answer the most frequent questions in game’s news. This way more game members will be able to get acquainted with this information.
We often receive complaints from game members related with tactics that sound like this:
- Team offence is set “On three pointers” but number of three pointers is lower than in match played with “Normal” offence style.
- Team offence is set “On big men” but number of close-range shots is lower than in match played with “On three pointers” offence style.
“Offensive tactics determine which players must get the ball most frequently. However, this setting doesn't guarantee big number of shots! How frequent player will make shots depends on: player's tactics settings, opponents tactics' settings and skills of players (how often player will get into good enough situation to shoot).”
So, if offence is set “On three pointers” - players at three point line will have the ball more often. Team players will have more chances to shoot from three point line but it doesn’t guarantee good shooting positions.
What determines if player (who is at three point line) makes a shot (information from game’s help):
- Time left till end of attack/period
- Complexity of situation that a player is in
- Player’s shooting frequency settings
- Various other smaller nuances
There also is related question and explanation in Match engine’s FAQ.
If team’s offence is set “On big men” (or on other link), why they still make only few shots?
The main reasons could be:
- Shooting frequency settings are too low. Even if player gets a lot of passes, he won’t shoot until he is in good enough situation.
- Other players manage to find opportunity to shoot earlier. In this case, other players could be indicated less frequent shooting settings in tactics.
- Player won’t shoot if he is fully defended. He still needs situation sufficient to make a shot.
- Team made a lot of turnovers
- Opponent made a lot of fouls, thus a lot of attacks ended with free throws.
- Team made considerably less rebounds than usually
In order to avoid it, one only needs to edit individual players’ shooting frequency settings - allow shooting from some positions less frequent and from other positions - more frequent.
Also don’t forget that basketball match involves two teams (not one). If opponents manage to defend well (due to skills or tactics), it may change your planned scenario.
P.S. The most often reason why match is lost - individual players’ shooting frequency settings:
- When shooting frequency is too high, it is risky that players will shoot too early without waiting until good position is created.
- When shooting frequency is too low, it is risky that team will shoot on the last seconds of attack with unprepared shots or will fail to shoot at all.
We hope that this article and related information in game’s help helps to find the best tactics for matches.
4.4 4.8 a-ramune -- Game's news: Clarifying tactics. “Why team tactics do not work as expected?” -- 2017-09-29
Bendras įgūdis 10 dar nereiškia, kad visi 4 taktiniai įgūdžiai yra po 10. Gal gynybos 12, o strategijos 8. -- (Translate) (Translate EN)
O trenerio įtaką vieninteliu būdu galima panaikint, tai nusipirkt/užsiaugint tokio pat ar geresnio lygio trenerį. -- (Translate) (Translate EN)
真是受够了，一群300rt的球员被一群270的压着打，真不明白这是为什么，比赛真的还有意义吗 -- (Translate) (Translate EN)