Beginner's guide and other updates
Today the game was noticeably updated - the system of beginner’s guide has been included. Quite a few game’s features were updated, so changes should be visible to current players, too.
1. Beginner’s guide.
Beginner’s guide was started to be realized few seasons ago but it never was the main job, so all in all this update took very long to accomplish. We hope that from now new BasketballZone users will get acquainted with the game much easier.
Beginner’s guide consists of 24 tasks. Accomplishment of tasks brings not only knowledge but also some prizes:
- Club receives 1000 Eu for each accomplished task.
- When the entire beginner’s guide is accomplished, user receives one-week PREMIUM package.
- User is awarded with a special “diploma”, which is displayed in club’s description page and which indicates that the user accomplished beginner’s guide.
2. “Club” has been separated from “User”.
This could be called an inner update of the system. However, it is obligatory update for the inclusion of Youth and National teams. Together with this update, a lot of items in our TODO list were also realized:
- New users receive absolutely new club and from the old team it inherits only the points in leagues’ standings and the schedule of future matches.
- Bot team that was replaced with a new team becomes “extinct”. If it used to have high achievements, it stays as a part of BasketballZone history. Such team’s achievements, best players, board of fame and some other information can be reviewed anytime later.
- New teams replace the best bot teams in the lowest division. Thus newly registered clubs (in the second part of a season) will still have chances to fight for ascending to upper league.
- If a user who has a team decides to start playing anew, he can do it without registration. It may be done using a form in User Information section. In this case, he will save not only his username but also his fan club and PREMIUM package.
- If a user decides to cancel his club, he can choose whether to cancel team and account or only a team. In the latter case, user will have his username and fan club in the future.
3. Possibility to hire low RT player ( [MT] ) in the market immediately has been removed. Teams that lack players are assigned such players automatically, so this feature became unnecessary.
4. The system of users’ ranks has been changed a bit.
- There will be more ranks (7 instead of previous 5).
- Ranks have been regenerated according to the new criteria and mostly all users now have smaller rank.
- When rank increases, user is awarded with PREMIUM package of 2-7 days (depending on the rank).
- User’s rank will depend not only on playing time and activity but also on the highest achieved league.
- If user starts playing anew or comes back after a break, his rank stays unchanged.
5. New page of club’s history appeared. It contains all club’s achievements and the most important events of club’s history. In club’s description page only the most recent and the highest achievements will be displayed.
6. The main page of the logged in user has been considerably changed. From now it contains the most important information:
- Current stages in the leagues and time left till next stages.
- Financial information.
- The nearest matches (tactics and arena’s settings can be changed).
- Last match.
7. Club’s schedule page was changed a bit. It will contain information about scheduled and intended matches. So, it will be easier to know when a new league’s stage starts.
8. The schedule of game’s events is moved from help to a separate day’s page. This page displays events of a particular day. The status of event is be displayed (done or working).
9. The system of tracking cheating clubs has been improved. So, if someone still manages few teams, he should cancel all teams and leave one because it is very likely that all teams will be lost. We also want to remind that if there are few users playing from the same computer/IP, they all have to indicate their real names and surnames and other users’ nicknames!
10. We also want to remind that all users in the game must have a confirmed e-mail address. New users do it at the time of registration but there are some old-timers that still haven’t confirmed their e-mails! In the future, the game may become unavailable for users without the confirmed e-mail.
11. The above mentioned updates determined big changes in the system itself and the mobile version of the game had to be suspended. Some time in the future we will try to create a new mobile version for smart phones. Until then only the main version of the game will be available.
12. A small update in forum. All countries clubs’ presentations will be written in the General section. Presentations that were created up to now have already been moved there. The name of the club prestentation’s topic has to be started with indication of language (for example, [EN]). Clubs’ presentations may be found here: http://www.bballzone.net/forum/clubs-presentations-f880.html
This time we meet the new season with the updated game. We wish all new users to get into the game quickly and to become serious opponents for the old-timers!